The below are official 4WCWS hotels with special discounts for delegates.
Top end: Grand Hi-Lai Hotel (漢來大飯店)
Located in the heart of Kaohsiung a 17-minute walk (5-minute taxi ride) from the 4WCWS venue at Kaohsiung Exhibition Center (KEC), the Grand Hi-Lai Hotel is an elegant baroque-style modern building.
The hotel is conveniently situated within walking distance of great restaurants, food markets and shopping districts. By public transportation it is 25 minutes from the High Speed Rail Station and 30 minutes from the airport.
Facilities include a business center, 13 restaurants, a gym and swimming pool, meeting rooms, free wifi and breakfast, and all the other amenities you would expect from a five-star hotel.
Use this link for a special discount for 4WCWS delegates (offer available March 7 - June 15)
Mid-range: Kindness Hotel (康橋連鎖旅館)
We highly recommend the Kindness Hotel because it is the best option for clean, comfortable rooms and friendly, convenient services. Kindness Hotel has several branches around Kaohsiung City. All include free breakfast, free wifi, free use of bicycles, and even free ice-cream and evening snacks!
We have selected half a dozen convenient options near KEC or the main train station area. Follow the links for special discount prices for 4WCWS delegates (offer available March 8-22).
- Kindness Hotel – Kaohsiung Main Station (康橋站前館) 10 minutes by taxi to KEC. Address: 295 Jianguo 2nd Road.
- Kindness Hotel – Jhong Jheng (康橋中正館) 7 minutes by taxi to KEC. Address: 112 Zhongzheng 4th Road.
- Kindness Hotel – Zhongshan Bade Branch (康橋中山八德館). 9 minutes by taxi to KEC. Address: 289 Zhongshan 1st Road.
- Kindness Hotel – Houyi Jiuru (康橋後驛九如館). 13 minutes by taxi to KEC. Address: 339 Jiuru 2nd Road.
- Kindness Hotel – Xiong Zhong Branch (康橋雄中館). 11 minutes by taxi to KEC. Address: 44 Jianguo 3rd Road.
- Kindness Hotel – Kaohsiung Guang Rong Pier (康橋光榮碼頭館). 3 minutes by taxi to KEC. Address: 169 Qingnian 2nd Road.
There are a number of cheap and cheerful hotels and youth hostels in Kaohsiung for the budget traveler. However, most hostels tend to be unregistered and can close down without warning, so regrettably we cannot give any recommendations here.